Promoting and protecting the health and safety of all Idahoans
Español    About Us    Contact Us    Careers   

Receiving Child Support Payments

Options for Receiving Child Support Payments

In Idaho, all child support payments are sent to Idaho Child Support Services.  Child Support Services enters the payment into the official payment record and then electronically issues the payment to the custodial parent.  This makes the payment available to parents very quickly and at no cost. 

You may choose to have payments:

  • Directly deposited into your checking or savings account; or

  • Deposited into an account that you can access using the Idaho Family Support card.

You may change the way you receive payments at any time. Read more about:

Direct deposit

Idaho Family Support Card

About Direct Deposit

If you have a checking or savings account, having payments deposited directly into your account may be most convenient for you.  Direct deposit is available to you, even if you do not live in Idaho.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

To sign up for direct deposit, complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form and mail or fax it to:



Idaho Child Support Services
3402 Franklin Rd.
Caldwell, ID 83605 

(855) 349-2408

Your next child support payment will be deposited in your bank account.

What do I do if I change accounts or want to deposit into a different account?

If you change accounts, complete a new Idaho Direct Deposit Enrollment Form with the information about your new account.  Do not close your old account until the change is made.

How do I know when I have received a payment?

When Child Support Services receives a payment, the payment is electronically sent to your bank the same night the payment is received.  Always check with your bank to make sure the payment was deposited.  Different banks have different policies about making funds available.

Child Support Services also sends a quarterly statement listing all payments posted to your account.  You will receive a separate statement for each case. 

Daily payment information is also available at View Payment History or by calling 1-800-356-9868. 

^ back to top


Image of a sample Idaho Family Support Card.

About the Idaho Family Support Card

If direct deposit is not a good option for you, you can receive Child Support payments using the Idaho Family Support Card. Custodial parents in Idaho who receive Food Stamps and/or cash assistance (such as TAFI or AABD Cash) and child support may have two cards; one to access Food Stamp and cash assistance benefits, and one to access child support payments. The Idaho Family Support Card provides many advantages including:
  • Over 3 million locations where the card can be used – anywhere Visa is accepted.

  • Statements are available online via the “MyAccount” website, or a monthly paper statement may be requested.

  • No cost to get cash back at the point of making a purchase.

Does the Idaho Family Support Card replace the Idaho Quest EBT Card?

If you have a child support-only case—that is, it’s not combined with any benefits (such as Food Stamps)—the Idaho Family Support Card replaces the Quest card. However, any remaining balance of child support payments on the Quest card must be accessed using the Quest card, because the balance cannot be transferred to the new Family Support Card.

If you have benefits (such as Food Stamps or cash assistance) combined with your Child Support case, then no, it does not replace the card. The Idaho Quest card must still be used to access Food Stamps and any cash assistance. Do not throw away or destroy your Quest cards if you also receive Food Stamps or cash assistance!

Can child support payments be deposited directly into checking or savings accounts instead of using the new card?

Yes. You may elect to have payments deposited directly into your account. The notice informing you about the new card included a Request for Direct Deposit form; simply complete the form and submit it to the Department.

How is the new card used?

The new Idaho Family Support Card works just like a debit card. When a child support payment is received, it is disbursed into an account. You may then use the card anywhere Visa is accepted to purchase goods or services, withdraw cash via ATM or bank teller, and even make over-the-phone or online purchases. Making purchases will require the card and PIN number or signature.

Before the card can be used, it must be activated by following the instructions enclosed with the card. These instructions include FAQs, Terms and Conditions, and other information about using the card.

Are there any fees assessed with using the new card?

Yes, some fees may be assessed with using the card, such as the following:

  • ATM withdrawal and balance inquiries

  • Cash withdrawals at a bank

  • Inactivity

  • Card replacement (after the free replacement)

Additional fee details will be included with the instructional materials that are mailed with the Idaho Family Support Card.

Are there any ATMs that accept the new card without charging a fee?

Yes, you can make withdrawals from Chase ATMs without being charged a fee.

How are the fees collected?

If use or replacement of the card results in a fee, the fee amount is automatically deducted from the account during a nightly processing cycle.

Can other funds be deposited into the Idaho Family Support Card account?

No. Only child support payments collected by Idaho Department of Health and Welfare are disbursed to the accounts.

What happens if the card is not used for a long period of time?

If the card is not used for more than 12 months, an inactivity fee will be assessed: $1.50 per month after 12 months if funds remain in the account.

If I have a problem using my card, who do I contact?

For immediate assistance, contact JP Morgan Chase customer support at 1-866-643-4197. Another option is the Customer Service email listed on the MyAccount website, which has an approximate 24-hour response time.

How can I check my account balance?

Call JP Morgan Chase customer service at 1-866-643-4197 or go online to the MyAccount website.

How can I change my PIN or Access number?

If you forgot your PIN or access number, you can change it by calling 1-866-643-4197.

Who do I contact if my name changes to something different than printed on the card?

Both Idaho Child Support Services and JP Morgan Chase should be notified if your name changes. You may contact Idaho Child Support at 1-800-356-9868 and the JP Morgan Chase customer service line at 1-866-643-4197. A replacement card will be sent with the new name at no cost to you.

How do I request a replacement card?

If your card was lost or stolen and you need a replacement card, call the JP Morgan Chase customer service line at 1-866-643-4197. Each cardholder is allowed one free replacement; after that a $7.50 fee is charged for each replacement card.

Are there charges for using this card?

There are minimal charges incurred by using certain services. The following fee structure will help you to determine what charges you might incur when using your card.

 Idaho Family Support Card Fees

Service Current Fees

ATM Cash Withdrawal

ATM withrawal from Chase or surcharge-free network ATM Free
ATM withdrawal from non-Chase ATM $1.50
 International ATM withdrawal $3.00 + 3% of transaction amount

ATM Balance Inquiry

Balance inquiry from Chase ATM Free
Balance inquiry from non-Chase ATM $.50

Retail Purchase

With signature Free
With PIN (includes cash back) Free

Other Transactions

Teller-assisted withdrawal at Visa bank $5.00
Online bill payment Free
Funds transfer to personal checking/savings account Free
Customer service - web Free
Customer service - phone 8 free per month, $.25 each subsequent call
Card replacement - standard delivery 1 free, $7.50 each subsequent card
Card replacement - expedited delivery $15.00
Transaction denied for insufficient funds 1 free per deposit, $.75 each subsequent transaction denial
Account statement - web Free
Account statement - mail $1.00
International transaction fee - purchases 3% of transaction amount
Inactive account $1.50 per month after inactivity of 12 months

^ back to top 

Contact Child Support Services:

Mail your Child Support payments:

Toll free: 1-800-356-9868
Boise area: 334-2479 
Fax: (855) 349-2408
e-mail Child Support Services

Idaho Child Support Receipting Services
P.O. Box 70008
Boise, Idaho  83707-0108