With the Children's Developmental Disability (DD) program, families will have an option to access two family-directed services models. Family-direction offers parents of children with developmental disabilities more choice and flexibility to purchase and define the services and supports their child needs.
Advantages of Family-Directed Services
By choosing family-directed services, families can:
• Hire people they know and decide the qualifications they want to require
• Decide how much to pay for services and supports
• Supervise and direct their child’s support workers
• Decide when and where their child will receive services and supports
• Manage their child’s individual budget
Responsibilities with Family-Directed Services
When families choose to family direct, they must:
• Agree to the principles of self-direction
• Be part of a family-centered planning meeting and help write their child’s plan
• Review timesheets and invoices to ensure services are delivered according to the plan
• Write, sign and follow employee agreements
• Work with a Fiscal Employer Agent to help keep track of their child’s budget
How to Sign Up
If you would like more information on family-directed services, please, contact your local FACS Case Coordinator. Regional contact information can be found under the Resource section of this web site.To find out more about Children's DD Services, please visit the Children's DD Services web page
Many new Support Brokers have been trained and qualified to work under the consumer-directed community supports option. You can view a list of available Support Brokers
Trainings for families are continuing across the state, for information on the next training in your area please contact your local FACS Case Coordinator. Regional contact information can be found under the Resource section of this website.
Our web site has been upgraded to an automatic notification system. Please see the "Monitor this page" button in the upper right hand corner of this page to register for updates. You may also contact the Children's DD Services team
for further information.