Primary prevention services are designed to:
Parents have a vital role in preventing underage drinking.
- build strong anti-use drug, alcohol and tobacco values in children
- prevent underage drinking
- prevent use of illegal drugs
- prevent illegal use of prescription medications
- provide parents with the skills needed to support healthy growth and development
- build community coalitions to create and maintain safe, healthy, drug-free communities
Services are designed to help children, families and communities be healthy and productive members of society. The prevention services vary from community to community and are provided at no or little cost to individuals.
To find prevention services near you, you can:
- Call the Idaho CareLine at 211
- Call Toll Free 1.877.641.4468
- Call the Department of Health and Welfare at 208.334.6542